Sunday, February 20, 2011

Gilly's Place and a New LO

I am home today with  multi-problems and multi-pain. My point-of-origin-pain (or   p.o.o.p.,   for short)  from my work injury is VERY aggravated, along with moderate trigger point pain, a moderate headache, hip joint pain and my gallbladder is attacking me (8/10 pain scale for the healthcare pros out there) so altogether it's a down day for me.  What the heck, it has been like this most of yesterday and last night. I am seeing less and less good days. But, I am not here to complain!

I was looking for distractions from my pain this morning, so I went to Gilly's Place blog and searched through her current and archived pages. She has fantastic gorgeous recipes and she does them up digiscrap-style. It's just awesome to see the cool ways she has done up the cards! She also has some free quick pages that are very cute. I am excited to try the recipes even though many I can't eat because of my GB, but doesn't stop me from making them for my family to enjoy. :) She has a yummy Blueberry Orange Muffin recipe currently up but you can get her archived recipes too. I highly suggest you check out Gilly's Place! You won't be sorry :)


I did a LO for AngelsLove Designs new kit "I Love You" found at Scraps with a Mouse. I think this is one of my favorites.

I still need to journal the date, and I my add some more journaling. I like that it is simple and doesn't overwhelm the picture so much that the picture gets lost. (do you see the little votive?) Maybe I will just add the date then. Although faded journaling in the back ground might look nice...hmmm.

I am also making a crocheted Tails, a character from Sonic the Hedgehog game, for Em (Emryll) for her birthday. If I finish Tails quickly I am going to design a small Chao (another sonic character) to go with Tails. Em really loves Sonic characters and is a huge fan of Shadow the Hedgehog. I haven't found a pattern for Shadow and he is a little complicate for me to design a pattern before her birthday. The design for Tails is from WolfDreamer, and she has a lot of video game characters and tons of Pokemon patterns for crochet that are some of the best I have seen. I will take a picture of finished Tails when it's ready and the Chao if  I am able to do it in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment