Thursday, May 19, 2011

My second week ArtBlogging

I know this is super-duper late - but I did it! I posted 2 pics to make-up for being so late :) 
Still life has always been intimidating to me. So I decided to increase my intimidation by doing my still life in Prismacolor colored pencils! I have all these beautiful colored pencils and I bought a  How-to-Book on using them. I went amazingly overboard buying prismacolor pencils. I played with them a few weeks,  got frustrated, and then put them away thinking someday I will get back to learning how to use them. So why not use them in my art journal at least - right? I prefer graphite but I really want to push my skill set.

If anything, I could illustrate children's books:)


This next one I call "non-still life" because our cat Mallow kept moving! So this is my quick sketch non still life:




Having a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa, I love your drawings! I think you did a great job with the Prismacolors! I don't have a real technique with them; I just color as hard as I can. If I'm doing a big piece, I will have to take lots of breaks to let my hand rest! Probably not the best or most professional technique, but it works for me. I really like your sketch of Mallow, too! :) Looking forward to seeing what you have for next week! The blog hop link is still open, if you'd like to add your link.

    ReplyDelete