Monday, May 9, 2011

ArtBlog Hop Week 1 (for me anyway)

This was the assignment for last week:


*NEXT WEEK’S TOPIC:  Create a drawing from a worm’s eye view.  Imagine and draw how different things would look if you were the size of a worm.  Have fun creating and have a great week!


Well this was my take on what things would look like if I was the size of a worm - I think I misinterpreted the instructions! I may at a later time do another drawing from a worm size perspective.


I used graphite and charcoal. I have never tried to use them together before. I also used a layered technique for both mediums, and then lifted the a few layers with a kneaded eraser until I got a texture I liked. Never used that technique either! I know there's a name for it but I don't recall what it is. I will have to look it up and post it to the blog later on hopefully this week.

 Mother's Day was fantastic! My children made me breakfast in bed with chocolate milk to drink :). My sweet husband bought me beautiful roses, chocolate and made me my favorite dinner (he make the very best Alfredo sauce!). I got so many flowers, hugs and sweet sentiments from the kids. One of my children ( my 3rd bio child Taylor, who is the oldest of our two 15 years olds)  made me a card with a poem she wrote for me, made me a "Mother's Day" crown, a sweet smelling paper flower that will never die, and snicker doodle cookies in a heart shaped box. And she gave me a box of Happiness! She colored a little box she made with a lot of little slips of paper she individually colored and wrote "happiness" and smiley faces on both sides. It was amazingly cute and clever! She also cleaned the whole kitchen. My youngest girl, Maddie, (who is my fourth bio child and is 13 years old) cleaned the rest of the house - she even vacuum under the living room couch cushions! Maddie also had my picture as her FB picture for a day and wrote sweet and creative comments to me and about me on FB. All of my family let me have the day to myself mostly so I could scrapbook! 

I hope all the moms out there had a great Mother's Day :) .



2 comments:

  1. Lisa, I really love your sketch! I like the texture you created and I don't think you misinterpreted the topic. I look forward to seeing more from you. Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, I love this sketch, too!
    Great to meet you through Jana Robin's art hop!
    I am your newest blog follower and have joined the art blog hop, too.

    Hope you check out my art blog, too!
    Best,
    Mary C. Nasser
    http://www.marycnasser.com/blog.html

    ReplyDelete